Being a student
Studying is likely to bring a number of changes to your life. It can be enjoyable and interesting, but it can also be challenging.
You might face challenges such as:
- meeting and working with new people
- exams, deadlines for written work or presentations
- managing your own finances
- coping with homesickness
- balancing the demands of studying with other commitments, such as caring responsibilities or work
- maintaining relationships with family and old friends
- leaving home, finding new housing and living with new people.
Coping with new challenges can have an impact on your mental health and students are at higher risk of developing mental health problems with research showing that many people first experience mental health problems or first seek help when they are at university.
Our University support sessions are currently on hold due to the Pandemic