There are many studies which have shown that doing physical activity can improve mental health. For example, it can help with:
- better sleep – by making you feel more tired at the end of the day
- happier moods – physical activity releases feel-good hormones that make you feel better in yourself and give you more energy
- managing stress, anxiety or intrusive and racing thoughts – doing something physical releases cortisol which helps us manage stress. Being physically active also gives your brain something to focus on and can be a positive coping strategy for difficult times
- better self-esteem – being more active can make you feel better about yourself as you improve and meet your goals
- reducing the risk of depression – studies have shown that doing regular physical activity can reduce the likelihood of experiencing a period of depression
- connecting with people – doing group or team activities can help you meet new and like-minded people, and make new friends.
Our new Get Set to Go programmes are starting:
Falmouth Yoga, starting Monday 10th February, from 2-3pm. The King Charles Church Hall, New Street, Falmouth, TR11 3DX
Redruth activity session starting Thursday 5th March from 2-3pm. Carn Brea Leisure Centre, Station Road, Pool, TR15 3QS
Just turn up! For any questions or more information just email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest News from Cornwall Mind
Our Christmas disco was great fun and we raised £760.00! A massive thank you to everyone that donated a very generous raffle prize, the list is below, such amazing prizes.
The lovely people at Coopersurgcal Fertility Company, Falmouth chose us as one of their charities to support last year and kindly donated £500! Thank you so much, we really appreciate