We are here for you
Take those first steps to better mental health.
We currently offer:
- Social Cafes via Zoom
- Yoga via Zoom
- Creative Writing via Zoom
- Face to face garden projects and walking groups
- Art and music groups
- Telephone and email support, information and advice
If you need support, information or advice please email, or message us via the website, Monday to Thursday.
We will respond to your email as soon as we can.
If you are in a mental health crisis, or know someone who is, then here are some ways you can get help.
If you, or someone you know, are at immediate risk of harming themselves or others, then please ring 999.
- There is a new 24/7 NHS local urgent mental health response phone line. Its free to access by anyone, any age on 0800 038 5300
- Visit A&E if you are concerned that you can’t keep yourself safe, they are there to help you if you need it.
Out of Hours support
Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust provides a telephone helpline through Support Matters Cornwall. Out of hours support is available from 5.00pm to 9.00am on weekdays and 24 hours a day at weekends and bank holidays.
The service is open to all people aged 16+ under the care of Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust’s mental health services. You can call free on 0800 001 4330. Support can be delivered over the telephone, via text, email or web chat.
You can download the Support Matters Cornwall Leaflet.
If you, or the person you’re concerned about, is already in contact with NHS mental health services, then you should have a care plan which outlines what to do in a crisis. This might be to contact your GP or the Adult Mental Health Team that supports you.
For other crisis situations
The first step in getting help can often be speaking to your GP. All GP surgeries will have a ‘duty GP’ to deal with emergencies, and you can contact the surgery to make an emergency appointment to see them or speak to them on the phone. Outside of normal working hours, you can access the out-of-hours GP service by ringing 111.
- 24/7 NHS mental health response line for support and advice, call us free on 0800 038 5300, any time day or night if you are worried about your own or someone else’s mental health. The team behind our 24/7 open access telephone response line will listen to you and determine how best to help. Visit: https://www.cornwallft.nhs.uk/i-need-help-now
Someone to talk to
The Samaritans offer emotional support and a listening ear 24 hours a day, 365 days a year:
Free UK Telephone Number: 116 123
Mind operates an Information Line which provides information on types of mental health problem, where to get help, medication and alternative treatments and advocacy. It operates from 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday (except Bank Holidays)
- 0300 123 3393
- Or text 86463
The charity SANE http://www.sane.org.uk/ provide emotional support and specialist information to anyone affected by mental health problems. Their SANE Line operates from 4.30pm to 10.30pm every day of the year:
Call 0300 304 7000
SHOUT – a new 24/7 text service for anyone who is in a crisis you can text 85258
Childline (for anyone under 19) free to call 0800 1111
Papyrus (for people under 35) 0800 068 4141 (Mon-Fri 10am-10pm Sat-Sun 2pm-10pm and bank holidays 2pm–5pm or text 07786 209 697
Signposting and information
Cornwall Mind can signpost you to mental health services.