A Firewalk could be the most inspirational journey you ever undertake. It is as the name suggests: a bare foot walk over red-hot wood embers measuring around 800 degrees. No tricks, no special effects. Just you and the fire.
Join us on Thursday 7th of April at the beautiful Headland Hotel in Newquay – a breath taking back drop for your exciting night! Your Firewalk will take place in the stunning grounds at the Headland Hotel overlooking Fistral Beach, and of course you are welcome to bring spectators to share in with the celebrations of your special night!
The Firewalk will be facilitated by Time4Change. Each participant will take part in a group mandatory 90 minute training session before they Firewalk.
How do I benefit personally from Firewalking? Time4Change tell us, “Even now, after three decades of teaching Firewalking, we are still astonished by the number of people who tell us it has transformed their lives. The skills and positive belief systems one adopts during a Firewalk seminar are applicable to all areas of life. When an individual Firewalks, an increased awareness of how to achieve goals develops, along with an enhanced view of the potential to succeed. Finally and perhaps the most important reason of all, it’s so much fun to do!”
You will also be joining in our fight for better mental health in Cornwall. With one in four people experiencing a mental health problem the need for our vital services is at an all time high.
To take part in this amazing experience, we require a registration fee of £35, and participants are encouraged to fundraise a minimum sponsorship of £100.
You will receive:
- A free Cornwall Mind t shirt to wear on the night
- A pair of socks kindly donated to you by Seasalt Cornwall
- Help and support throughout your fundraising journey
- A mandatory 90 minute Firewalk training and support session on the night
- A certificate of achievement
How to book your Firewalk
- Complete the registration form below.
- Pay the £35 entry fee via the PayPal button (keep scrolling it’s after the form). Once you have registered and paid, your place will be confirmed by email and Lucy, our Community fundraiser, will be in touch).
- Set up your JustGiving page – https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/firewalkforcornwallmind2022
- Follow the Firewalk event page on Facebook
Please note – We have a minimum age of 16 years for this event. If aged between 16-18 you will require a parent or guardian to sign a consent form on the day.
There are a limited number of places so please don’t delay!
Please complete this form to book your Firewalk
Please pay your entry fee here via PayPal
We’re sure you have lots of questions!